Saturday, April 4, 2009

Thirteenth Sunday

Snow in Spring? Welcome to Illinois! This Sunday started out gloomy, snowy and cold and ended with a full tummy replete with delicious food, a beautiful blue sky and glazing galore!

Sunday dinner this time was spent with MIL(Gourmina) and FIL (old Hickory) in Seneca. The main portion of the meal was provided by our hosts and consisted of a deliciously spicy borscht, warm cabbage salad, Rachel Ray's Braised Carrots and Fennel, fresh bread, smoked pot roast shoulder and smoked brisket, and Alton Brown's Perfect Fingerling Potatoes. But that's not all, we made room for dessert which was MIL's beautiful homemade peach pie made from last year's peach harvest with butter pecan ice cream. I brought over some marshmallows from my own little kitchen experiment but I must admit I couldn't fit another morsel in.

After dinner we glazed pots and gabbed away in their lovely basement studio and tried not to burst from so much good food. I love our Sunday get togethers but I love it even more when the meal becomes an incredible gourmet collaboration. Thanks to MIL and FIL (old Hickory himself) for a wonderful Sunday.

PS Just in case you're curious my team continues winning -- Go Tammy and Vic.

3 comments: