Friday, April 10, 2009

The Book Thief





So, a very good friend of mine with very good taste threw this book at me as I was leaving for a small road trip and told me to read it. It sounded interesting but the caveat was that I had to read the book in a couple of days since Friday was the book discussion.

I opened the book at the end of my trip and finished it in two days. The book was simply gripping. Though the book is written for a young adult audience, the language is beautiful and the story is deeply moving. I'm an easy tear, so maybe my open weeping at the end is not too special but I usually don't sob (really) and I think that a couple of sobs escaped me.

I returned the book to my friend on the Friday indicated and now I want it back. I want himself and Jr. to read it. To be honest, I'd like everyone I know to read it. I like it so much that I will actually be purchasing it. Check The Book Thief out, I think you may like it.

2 comments:

  1. I knew you'd like it! I'm so glad! I think I'm going to have to purchase a copy, just so i can have my own...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll put it on hold at my library today!

    ReplyDelete