Tuesday, April 21, 2009

She’s a Man Baby (Tweezers = New BFF)

webtweezer

It's true... I'm slowly becoming a man. I realize that I have much to be thankful for as I age; I'm healthy, happy, pretty much wrinkle free, and the white hairs on my head are easily covered -- but lately, (basically every day) I discover a new batch of hairs on my chin. It's like I'm growing a sickly beard.

At first I could laugh it off, pretend it was a fluke. But now I find that the tweezers has become one of my best friends (if not my bff). I'm not much of an eyebrow plucker, (it hurts too much) and until now the tweezers were mostly for stray brow hairs and the occasional splinter extraction -- but now the tweezers (I think she is Tina… but I’m not quite sure yet.) and I spend quality time together every morning. By the end of our sessions, I can just feel their exhaustion -- they're practically letting off steam. I'm debating whether I should continue plucking at my beard or if I should just let it grow out like ZZTop's, stop bleaching my Frida Kahlo mustache and figure out the whole man thing as I slowly transform. I wonder how many other wonderful transformations await...

necklace

theband

For now I guess my tweezers and I choose to... not go gentle into that good night and to rage, rage against my beard hairs. If you do happen to see a man-woman on the street be sure to say hi – and be extra nice, it's probably me and... me and the tweezers, well we've had a trying morning.

Listen to the Dylan Thomas poem and be inspired.

2 comments:

  1. You've got legs. You know how to use them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little nervous that you now come equipped with tweezers. You're fingers yanking hairs from unsuspecting faces was bad enough!

    ReplyDelete