Tuesday, March 3, 2009

His Fascination (and it isn't pretty...)

I've got a secret to tell... my husband has a crush... and it's a serious one. I've known about if for a while and it's something I can no longer ignore. He used to have a thing for Penelope Cruz, and frankly I completely understood, but this new one... I just don't know. I know that the others are jealous and they've been left wondering why and I can't explain it. I've asked him what it is about her that keeps him coming back and all he can say is that she's perfect.

I present to you his crush. She's not pretty, she's got rusty seams and she has definitely seen better days -- oh and she's small, very small.He loves her, he doesn't try to hide it and he makes no excuses for her. I think I'm jealous.


From Blogger Pictures


I'll go to the kitchen and there in the sink.... the mini whisk. I'll begrudgingly wash her and put her away. The next time I go to the kitchen she's there again -- her guilt hanging on her like a cheap suit upon her wires. It doesn't matter what time of day or night I know where she'll be... in the sink.

It doesn't matter what the size of the job, mini whisk is the first choice for him. At times, I admit I've put her away in a different spot hoping to let the others get their turn, but he just looks all the longer, sometimes getting desparate. I hear the grumble of the others hoping, asking, begging to be used... but it's all in vain. I know what I'll find in the sink after he's done wisking... her ... the mini whisk.

From Blogger Pictures


I guess I should be glad that I haven't found her on my side of the bed. Keep your fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. I have absolutely nothing to say about this except that when you're making a dipping sauce in a ramekin, the mini whisk is the tool for the job!

    Ahhh... mini whisk (drool...)

    ReplyDelete