Friday, February 13, 2009

Foot Fascination -- Socks



Look at my feet -- they're soo in love. That's right -- they're in love with the socks I made. I took a class this winter at Knitche in Downers Grove and I really finished them... both of them. I've become a fascinated and I've got another pair on the needles for my beloved. He picked out the pattern and I've been going great guns until that damn short-row heel. The pattern is called Sailor's Ribbing from More Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch and it's considered to be an easy pattern (it is pretty easy). The instructions are pretty clear once you learn how to read the book, however, I'm having fits trying to get the short row heel right. I've done it once and have frogged it and now I'm trying it again. Keep your fingers (and toes) crossed that I can get it right this time.



No comments:

Post a Comment