Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother’s Day 19th Sunday

plate

tablesetting

 

On Mother’s Day, we had a delicious meal shared with my favorite ‘slaws. No pictures of the food but I can guarantee it was eagerly devoured by all. The table setting was prepared by Number 2# son. Don’t you love the detail? The internet was studied in order to prepare the napkins, and the flowers carefully picked from some lilac trees in back. The menu -- guacamole, refried bean, fresh green salad with goat cheese, bone in ham, lumpy mashed potatoes, green beans, fresh bread, chocolate cupcakes and cherry pie. No mothers were harmed making the meal, but this mother was full to the gills, extremely happy and totally exhausted by the time the end of the meal rolled around. A special salute to all the moms out there and to my mom who made me what I am today. I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment