Saturday, May 30, 2009

52 Projects in 52 Weeks

webchoices

Just some of the patterns I’ve researched.

I joined a little group in Ravelry that is going to attempt to finish 52 projects in 52 weeks. Wait… I know what you’re thinking… she must have mad knitting skills to be able to accomplish so much but unfortunately, I don’t. What I have is mad magical thinking. I don’t know how I’m going to do it but I’m going to give it my knitting all. I’ve gone to the library, I’ve researched patterns and I’ve got my yarn all ready to get started on June 1st our official starting date. As the beginning date has loomed ever closer, I've noticed myself starting to hedge my bets. At the beginning of my research -- sometime in mid May-- I was thinking I could probably finish a baby sweater a week, maybe even a blanket. Now I’ve started telling myself that each sock should count for two projects so that a pair of socks should equal 4 projects. (toe and heel count for one, leg and cuff for the second –see?) but I think my heart is in the right place -- lets just hope my hands and needles are there too. Wish me luck, I'll be posting my work right here.

1 comment: