Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Dog Park Fascination

Yes, I know what you are thinking… am I really that kind of person? The short answer is “kinda.” No I don’t necessarily think my dog is the end all and be all -- and she doesn’t eat dinner with us at the table (maybe underneath the table…), but I do love her, and as such I clothe her in winter (sometimes for Halloween too) and I take her to the dog park. She loves it okay? She’s not too social, but she loves the smells, the dog-raderie , the ability to run free and wild amongst her peers, and the Pupperoni her delighted owners feed her whenever she does something cute. She, however, does not, enjoy the ride to the dog park. The shining rolling metal box that takes us to the park is a trial and tribulation that all must live through. We have tried every technique in the world to get her to enjoy the car ride, but nothing works. She squeaks, she pants and she squirms to get under my seat and there she remains for the 5 minute ride.

This is as calms as doggy can get. Once she gets to the park it’s a different story. She is the queen of the park and every blade must be christened. Take a gander at her in the park and you’ll see why most every Sunday “we go to there.”

DSCN2156

1 comment:

  1. Boy, I wish we would have had Dog Parks back in the Bloodhound days. Could you just see Maestro in a dog park? Yee Hah!

    ReplyDelete